Brad Lebow has represented regional, national, and international law firms in complex professional liability litigation. In addition to his professional liability practice, Brad has represented clients in a broad range of commercial litigation matters, including consumer class action defense, business torts, and shareholder and partnership disputes. Brad also has experience in healthcare litigation, including payor-provider disputes, insurance bad faith, and cases involving ERISA, the Medicare Act, and California’s Knox-Keene Act.
- Obtained dismissals of multiple consumer class action lawsuits filed in federal court against one of the largest consumer electronics companies in the world. Plaintiffs alleged claims based on product defects, false advertising and unfair business practices. (758 F.Supp.2nd 1077; 801 F.Supp.2d 1013.)
- Defeated class certification in federal case where plaintiffs challenged the premium rating process used by a national health insurance company to determine renewal premium rates for insurance policies. (266 F.R.D. 340.)
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit against Fortune 100 insurance company where plaintiffs alleged insurance bad faith, breach of contract and unlawful conduct. The dismissal was upheld on appeal. (194 Cal.App.4th 192.)
- Successfully defeated a preliminary injunction motion in a trade secrets dispute where the plaintiff sought to shut down one of the largest organic produce growers and distributors in the country.
- Part of trial team that garnered a $65 million judgment for a client in a case involving allegations of securities fraud and breach of contract.
- Defended international law firm in a professional negligence action arising from the firm’s prior representation of plaintiffs in a multi-million dollar real estate deal.
- Successfully defended an international law firm in a professional negligence action alleging eight-figure damages arising from purported transactional malpractice. The matter ultimately settled for a fraction of what plaintiff was seeking.
- Prevailed on a motion to dismiss a federal lawsuit alleging, among other causes of action, civil RICO claims against prominent San Diego law firm.
Professional Recognition and Awards
- Wiley M. Manuel Award, pro bono services – 2011 and 2012
- Outstanding Service Award, Legal Aid Society of San Diego – 2011 and 2012
- Editor, UCLA Law Review
- Executive Editor, UCLA Entertainment Law Review
- Phi Alpha Theta National History Honors Society
Presentations and Publications
- “Illiquid Liability: Legal Implications of the 2008 Auction-Rate Securities Market Failure” co-authored with former SEC Commissioner Roel Campos and Christopher Durbin, presented in PLI Webcase “Auction Rate Securities: The Latest Turmoil,” Apr. 30, 2008.
Schedule Your Consultation with Bradley A. Lebow