Jamie M. Ritterbeck is a transportation, product liability and business litigation attorney. Her practice is primarily focused on the transportation industry where she represents transportation companies and manufacturers in catastrophic loss claims. She has extensive experience handling cases with significant exposure, and regularly defends cases against the top plaintiffs’ attorneys in the nation.
Ms. Ritterbeck also has experience representing entities and individuals in general and complex business and commercial litigation in state and federal courts. She has handled substantive law and motion matters, and has had significant success in obtaining dismissals through pre-trial motions including demurrers, anti-SLAPP motions, and various motions to dismiss. Her keen analytical skills contribute to her strategic, thoughtful approach with clients. She provides sound advice and consistent results.
Examples of Ms. Ritterbeck’s prior representation and results include:
- Obtaining dismissal through successive demurrers for corporate client in shareholder derivative action.
- Obtaining dismissal in Federal Court for designer client in products case brought by a national retailer.
- Obtaining dismissal of several claims for a non-profit client through an anti-SLAPP motion and demurrer.
- Obtaining order allowing business client to obtain financial discovery in defamation case, which required meeting a high evidentiary burden.
- Obtaining dismissals in multiple cases in both state and federal court on jurisdictional grounds.
- Obtaining dismissal in Federal Court for client in securities fraud case.
Ms. Ritterbeck also dedicates time to provide pro bono representation. She recently undertook the representation of a 17-year old boy from Guatemala, who fled his country to escape unspeakable violence. She helped her client obtain political asylum, which is a life changing result that is not easily granted. Ms. Ritterbeck also serves on the Alumni Board at the University of San Diego School of Law, where she is on the mentoring committee.
Ms. Ritterbeck earned her law degree from the University of San Diego School of Law and her undergraduate degree from Florida State University. While in law school, Ms. Ritterbeck interned at the USD School of Law’s Appellate Clinic, where she successfully represented her client before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Board of Immigration Appeals, resulting in her client’s release from federal custody. As a result of her superior work and 100 plus hours of pro bono legal services, Ms. Ritterbeck was honored as the Outstanding Clinic Intern and bestowed with the USD School of Law Certificate of Merit. She also received the CALI Award for excellence in Contracts I and Legal Writing II. Ms. Ritterbeck served as a Judicial Extern for the Honorable Nita L. Stormes of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
Schedule Your Consultation with Jamie Ritterbeck