Michael J. Campbell is a partner in the Litigation, Employment, Privacy and Information Security, and Healthcare practice groups. His practice focuses on representing individuals and companies in business disputes, employment law matters, complex commercial disputes, and all forms of litigation. Mr. Campbell is an experienced litigator and has successfully represented clients in the state and federal courts, including the California Court of Appeal.
Mr. Campbell routinely handles lawsuits involving issues ranging from employment discrimination to trade secrets. He also works with his clients to address and mitigate liability risks, in an effort to avoid the harassment and costs associated with avoidable disputes. His international background and experience allows him to bring a unique perspective to each client’s day-to-day decisions. Mr. Campbell recognizes the practical realities of doing business in California, while understanding that balancing pragmatism and aggressiveness is required to reach successful resolutions.
Prior to joining Higgs Fletcher & Mack, Mr. Campbell worked at a national defending employers across California, and at a nationally recognized boutique firm representing physicians, hospitals, and public entities. Before relocating from England in 2007, he also practiced as a solicitor in the United Kingdom with one of the country’s most respected trade union defense firms, representing several prestigious international corporations.
Mr. Campbell is active in the San Diego business community, and also enjoys spending his spare time coaching his son’s soccer team, and watching Liverpool Football Club.
Schedule Your Consultation with Michael J. Campbell
- What Employers Need to Know About Arbitration Agreements and Class Action Waivers, San Diego SHRM (November 2018)
- How Does Dynamex Impact your Business?, ALFA BLPG Hot Topics (November 2018)
- The ABC Test – Expanding Definition of an Employee in California, West Coast Barber School (October 2018)
- Wage and Hour Litigation – Avoiding Common Pitfalls, Business Networking International (April 2018)
- Employee Engagement and Litigation, ADP (March 2018)
- 2018 Legal Update – Next Generation of Human Resources, Eastridge Workforce Solutions (March 2018)
- Business and Employment Law Update, Business Networking International (November 2017)
- Human Resources 101: Key Issues and How to Solve Them, Paychex (August 2017)
- HR Issues: Do’s and Do Nots, Paychex (April 2017)
- Direct Primary Care – Navigating the Regulatory Maze, American Academy of Family Physicians; Irving Texas (October 2015)
- Legal Implications of the Practice of Emergency Medicine, Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas (September 2015)
- Delivering Patient Care, Not Paper Work, American Academy of Family Physicians; Denver, Colorado (September 2015)
- Direct Primary Care Workshop, American Academy of Family Physicians; Tempe, Arizona (November, 2014)