Mike Madgett is a partner in Higgs Fletcher & Mack LLP and has been practicing law in San Diego since 1986. Mr. Madgett’s primary practice areas are Corporate and Securities and Intellectual Property, including corporate, commercial and business transactions, securities, intellectual property licensing, Internet and e-commerce law. He is also experienced in Financial Services, Real Estate and Construction law.
Mr. Madgett has significant experience advising both public and private companies, including established, middle market companies, as well as start up and emerging growth companies. His clients include manufacturers, wholesale and retail distributors, franchisors and franchisees, contractors, developers, professional organizations, service establishments, computer hardware and software development companies and e-commerce companies.
Mr. Madgett advises his clients on a wide variety of legal matters, including initial business organizational and structural issues, financing and capital formation, strategic alliances and joint ventures, licensing strategies, product development and distribution, mergers and acquisitions, and day-to-day business operational issues and agreements. Mr. Madgett also serves as general counsel to many of his clients.
Schedule Your Consultation with Mike Madgett
Representative Transactions Handled by Mr. Madgett include:
- Representation of Korean manufacturer and distributor of miniature GPS equipment and related technology in product development, licensing and securities matters.
- Representation of VC convertible note holders in connection with foreclosure on patent portfolio and related assets, and contribution of assets to new operating entity.
- Representation of Korean lead developer in multi-party co-development agreement with major European automobile manufacturer for the development, manufacture and distribution of onboard GPS/Internet device.
- Representation of Swedish-based distance education company in connection with establishment of U.S. operations and licensing matters.
- Representation of online mortgage broker in connection with e-commerce matters.
- Representation of reverse engineering software manufacturer in connection with product development and licensing matters.
- Representation of Italian-based SCUBA equipment manufacturer in connection with licensing and distribution matters.
- Reorganization and ongoing general representation of Finnish-based multi-national distributor of high-tech outdoor camping equipment and measuring instruments.
- Mergers and acquisitions in several industries, including Internet and e-commerce, real estate development, construction, hospitality, manufacturing, sporting goods and other industries.
- Organization, development and financing of numerous Internet companies, including financial services company, credit management and identity theft company, debt management company, Internet lottery and game show, Internet cartoon portal, online syndication, Internet real estate portal and similar companies.
- Ongoing business advice and general counsel for a variety of e-commerce companies, including negotiation and drafting of Web site development and licensing agreements, service agreements, hosting agreements, advertising agreements, co-branding agreements, artist agreements, syndication and content feed agreements, joint marketing and distribution agreements, fulfillment agreements and other online contracts.
- Representation of issuers and investors in numerous private placements and venture financings for emerging companies in a variety of industries, including online credit management and identity theft company and other Internet and e-commerce companies, electronics manufacturers, computer software and hardware developers and manufacturers, consumer product manufacturers and distributors, restaurants, franchisors and franchisees, nutritional supplement and fitness company, real estate developments and other companies.
- Representation of national and international distributors, dealers, and licensees in various industries.
- Representation of national property management company in acquisition by publicly traded Canadian corporation in hospitality industry.
- Organization and financing of Korean-based nutritional supplement manufacturer and fitness company, including negotiation and structure of fulfillment and distribution agreements, product development and launch, manufacturing and related matters.