In his practice, HFM Partner Steve Pelletier focuses on business and tort litigation.
Mr. Pelletier’s work includes handling real estate, environmental law, product liability, contract law, and construction litigation matters.
Mr. Pelletier has a broad real estate background, ranging from representing international real estate firms to local real estate brokerages. He handles all aspects of real estate litigation, including commercial lease, shopping center, complex land development, environmental, business, construction and general liability issues. His extensive litigation background has allowed him to also effectively play an advisory role for his clients, helping them avoid situations which could lead to costly litigation.
Additionally, Mr. Pelletier has represented corporate and individual clients in catastrophic injury matters, ranging from general negligence to complex product liability disputes. His clients have included international manufacturers, distributors, and dealers. These disputes often involve component manufacturers for complex products, including airbag deployment systems in automobiles.
Mr. Pelletier was born and raised in Southern California. He attended the University of California at San Diego, obtaining a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science. In college, he was captain of the baseball team and received the John Rolph Memorial Award for excellence in academics and athletics. He later graduated from California Western School of Law.
- Commercial lease litigation.
- Retail real estate and shopping center litigation.
- Environmental law, including CERCLA matters and groundwater contamination.
- Broker defense of negligent representation claims – failure to disclose claims, easement disputes, and adverse possession and tax default sale disputes.
- Luxury golf resort representation and contract dispute resolution.
- Real estate/mortgage company formation and representation.
- General counsel for real estate brokers.
- Product liability. Representation of automobile manufacturers, distributors, and dealers with product liability disputes, including wrongful death litigation, airbag litigation, and automobile transmission disputes. Also involved with medical product liability matters ranging from medical catheters to veterinarian medical devices.
- Interstate common carriers. Representation of trucking companies involving wrongful death, product liability disputes, and other common litigation matters.