Tim Noon is a trial attorney who for twenty-eight years has successfully litigated hundreds of complex matters. Mr. Noon’s practice includes complex business and commercial disputes and dissolutions, substantial experience in construction and engineering disputes, professional (legal, accountancy, and architect & engineer) malpractice, and catastrophic injury and wrongful death in premises, auto and vertical transportation (escalators and elevators).
He has been recognized by Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year in San Diego for Professional Malpractice Defense in 2019, Best Lawyers in America since 2012, Super Lawyers since 2007. Mr. Noon is also rated “AV” by the nationally recognized Martindale Hubbell Law Directory, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards.
- December 2019. Defended an alleged unsafe premises liability claim by 80-year old against a retailer with $2.4 million damages request to jury with defense verdict in 50 minutes.
- June 2019. Successfully defended a $1.8 million fraud/nondisclosure case by developer against landlord and obtained verdict for $620,000 on breach of lease contract plus $425,000 in fees and costs in a three-week trial.
- May 2019. Defense bench trial decision on legal malpractice breach of fiduciary offset claim and recovered on attorneys’ fee claim and with further fees and costs.
RECENT REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS
- Successfully prosecuted an unfair competition case on behalf a major engineering company with a principal engineer recruited by a competing firm in violation of his non-compete agreement.
- Successfully resolved a litigated catastrophic injury case involving a rear tire sudden detread with a fatality and other passengers’ serious bodily and traumatic brain injuries.
- Successfully resolved litigated legal malpractice action arising out of multiple underlying business dissolution litigations with convoluted maze of interrelated entities.
- Successfully resolved litigated accountancy action involving alleged deficient audit of related entities and investment fraud by principals.
Mr. Noon is a member of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Downtown San Diego Partnership, Association of Southern California Defense Lawyers, and Irish-American Bar Association, serves on the Professional Liability Steering Committee of ALFA, and participates in Claims Litigation Management professional liability conferences and seminars.
Mr. Noon served as the Chair of the San Diego Bar Legal Malpractice Committee and the Professional Services Committee for the Associated General Contractors San Diego Chapter and has written numerous articles and presented speaking engagements.