From angel investors to race car drivers, HFM Partner Marco Garavaglia leverages his legal expertise to counsel clients on corporate, real estate, healthcare, and sports and entertainment law.
Marco Garavaglia concentrates his practice in the areas of transactional business, corporate, real estate, finance, health care, and sports and entertainment law. He often functions as outside general counsel for clients ranging in size from small businesses and high net-worth individuals to large multi-state companies.
Mr. Garavaglia provides a variety of services to clients, including providing advice at the initial stages of entity formation, rendering ongoing business advice, mergers and acquisitions representation, and executing exit strategies. The transactions in which he has been involved range in size up from the relatively small, to mergers and acquisitions of almost $100 million.
Examples of Mr. Garavaglia’s legal experience include the following:
- Providing ongoing business and tax advice to, and functioning as outside general counsel for, individuals and entities of all sizes.
- Representation of various national and international motorsport professionals, including race car drivers and motorcycle racers, as well as sports agents, in all matters, including (i) general business advice and contract negotiations, (ii) the structuring and formation of racing teams, (iii) negotiating and documenting driver/rider contracts with various manufacturer-sponsored racing teams, as well as with Indy Car and European formula racing teams, and (iv) negotiating and documenting agent agreements, literary agreements, license agreements, and sponsorship agreements.
- Structuring, negotiating, and documenting the formation, tax structure, and operative documents of various corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies, including medical and professional entities.
- Representation of clients in the structuring and transactions relative to mergers and acquisitions involving their businesses, the domestic and foreign operation of their businesses, and the sales of their businesses. Mr. Garavaglia has represented buyers and sellers of businesses in transactions ranging in size up to almost One Hundred Million Dollars ($100,000,000.00).
- Representation of domestic and off-shore real estate owners, investors, landlords and tenants in various real estate acquisitions, sales, financing arrangements and lease matters of all complexities. Mr. Garavaglia has represented clients in real estate transactions ranging in size to in excess of Twenty Million Dollars ($20,000,000.00).
- Representation of clients in obtaining credit facilities from financial institutions in transactions ranging in size to in excess of Fifteen Million Dollars ($15,000,000.00).
- Representation of clients in the formation and operation of venture capital firms.
- Representation of angel investors and venture capitalists in the investment in newly formed or emerging entities.
- Representation of a regional, multi-state investment banking and financial research firm in a merger transaction.
- Representation of various privately-held biotech companies, such as chemical and pharmaceutical firms, in general business matters, including licensing agreements, joint ventures, consulting agreements, distributorship arrangements, and manufacturer’s representative agreements.
- Representation of physicians and medical groups in various business and health care related matters.
- Drafting and structuring of the operative documents for the affiliation of large, multi-specialty medical groups with various management service organizations and medical practice foundations
Mr. Garavaglia has been practicing law for more than 35 years, including over 30 years in San Diego. He has been rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell™ — earning the highest possible rating for both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards. He is also a licensed California real estate broker, and has a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, which allows him to assist clients from a practical and focused business perspective.