Health Care Lawyers
The Health Care Law Group provides services to physicians, physician groups, hospitals, other health care providers, and managed care entities. Our health care lawyers represent clients with respect to issues of professional licensing, fee splitting, and advertising; ownership, management, and control of professional corporations; shareholder agreements; acquisition and disposition of business units; physician referral laws; general corporate and business matters; employment matters; HIPPA compliance; antitrust; and regulatory matters.
The Group’s health care attorneys have extensive experience in the defense of hospitals, doctors, and other health care providers in medical malpractice litigation.
Higgs expertise goes beyond the traditional issues pertaining to health care law.
Representative Matters include:
- Structuring physician-patient agreements and medical group amenity packages/structures.
- Assisting companies delivering wellness products or programs to ensure reimbursement and privacy compliance.
- Structuring consumer/patient financial contribution and reimbursement models for private/concierge medical groups and healthcare IT product developers to achieve federal legal compliance.
The Higgs team has worked as a consultant/founder with medical groups, electronic health record software firms, cardiovascular testing and health coaching enterprises, and venture capital groups exploring healthcare opportunities.
Private Medicine Law
One of the other areas Higgs’ health care lawyers are widely regarded in is the growing area of private medicine.
Our practice formation work involves offering legal guidance on:
- The private direct medicine practice structure matching the physician’s vision of delivering care.
- Assembling the physician-patient agreement, electronic communications agreement, and HIPAA Final Rule updated forms and guidance on implementation of those forms.
- Review and comment on all marketing communications to work toward ensuring the practice contract documents and related materials express a consistent compliance posture.
Health Insurance and Medical Business Law
In addition to the provider side, Higgs is well known for its services to insurance coverage, insurance bad faith and medical malpractice. The firm’s medical law attorneys have represented doctors, nurses, hospitals, medical groups, and skilled nursing facilities in both malpractice and employment law matters.
Moreover, Higgs is well versed in medical law pertaining to helping both buyers and sellers of health care businesses and professional practice interests. The firm has extensive experience with the formation and governance of medical practice groups and with physician-hospital contracts, including medical practice foundations. Its attorneys help physicians and physician groups comply with the state and federal regulatory environment within which they have to practice.
Proven Legal Expertise in Health Care Law.
If you are a physicians, physician groups, hospitals, other health care providers, and managed care entities Our health care law experts are standing by to assist. Please out the free initial contact form to reach an experienced Higgs Fletcher & Mack Health Care Lawyer.
I’d like to give you a brief update on a recent development in health care law that pertains to electronic health records. Recently to encourage the implementation of EHR technology in the health care industry, the government issued proposed rules that would extend the sunset date of this EHR exception to December 31, 2016 under the Stark Law and under the anti-kickback law. If you would like more information on the EHR exception, or on any other health law matter, please contact us and we would be happy to assist you.