Corporate & Securities
Corporate and Regulatory Law
Each lawyer and legal team member with the San Diego corporate and regulatory law practice group at the firm of Higgs Fletcher & Mack is well informed and able to address all of the regulatory and business issues which arise in a wide variety of transactions and industries. For example, the San Diego corporate and regulatory law attorneys at Higgs Fletcher & Mack are experienced in matters involving the Public Utilities Commission, the Department of Real Estate, Department of Corporations, and the California Attorney General’s Office.
Examples of our San Diego regulatory law and corporate practice include:
- Advice to Indian gaming tribes on a variety of real estate, secured and unsecured lending, contract and tribal law matters.
- Transfer of a certificate of public convenience and necessity, together with a charter party certificate, from a sole proprietorship to a corporation.
- Revisions to a carrier’s tariff, including the carrier’s rules and regulations, and processing related federal authorizations.
- $15 Million venture capital backed health care delivery system reorganization transaction and institutional $24 Million revolving line of credit.
- Leasing of a 650,000 sq. ft. high tech industrial park in San Diego, California.
- Formation of 125+ physician integrated medical group and negotiation of a long-term services agreement with a five hospital system.
- Disposal of excess fee and leaseholder properties resulting from corporate restructuring by major manufacturer of business forms.
- Roll-up of seven physician practices into an integrated medical group and develop an MSO agreement with a large specialty hospital.
- Swap of land/lease transaction by government agencies involving Tidelands property and private interests.
- Develop a Lease/option transaction to purchase a 67,000 sq. ft. medical office building.
In addition to specialized advice, lawyers of the corporate and regulatory law group are experienced in general corporate matters and routinely provide advice on all aspects of corporate law, from advice with respect to entity design and formation to corporate governance issues, employment and incentive agreements for key management personnel, and negotiating and developing all forms of corporate documents including stock option, stock restriction, and buy-sell agreements.
The San Diego corporate and regulatory law attorneys at Higgs Fletcher & Mack also represent emerging and mature companies in many different fields, so our clients have the benefit of attorneys with experience and knowledge in a broad range of industries and services, such as:
- Financial services for borrowers and lenders
- Computer software, the Internet, and technology
- Health care
- Retailing, wholesaling and distribution
- Light and heavy manufacturing
- Food services
- Alternative energy
- Leasing and franchising businesses
- Engineering services
- Sports and entertainment
- Real estate
When required, a lawyer from the firm’s bankruptcy group provides advice and opinions on a variety of matters, including workouts and restructuring, as well as representing both secured and unsecured creditors in the bankruptcy court. The firm represents Indian tribes on a variety of matters including leasing, employment law, tribal governance, waivers of sovereign immunity, construction contracts, federal income tax questions, establishment of a tribal court system, disputes before the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and executive employment contracts.
Contact the San Diego corporate and regulatory law attorneys at Higgs Fletcher & Mack today.